

**Present**

Person 1

Person 2

Person 3

Person 4

Person 5

Person 6

Person 7

**Referenced**

Person 8

Person 9

Person 10

Person 11

Person 12

**Board**

Donna

Annika

Eva

Marthe

Char

Kim

Scott

Voting committee: Person 2, Person 3, Annika

Votees: 14 people.

Kim: I'm going to give an update on the pillars.

I think one of the most important things is, check with all board members to see if committees know what all the board pillars are.

I also made the evaluation form and put questions about the pillars there.

Point about the pillars so it sparks conversation.

Didn't focus on communication because we also have a communications officer.

We underestimated how difficult it was to be sustainable, for instance snacks.

Also with limiting waste, I tried in the hok but it is hard with all the plastic from the supermarket.

For instance, travel trip, wanted to be more sustainable but is more expensive. Choosing between less sustainable and more inclusive, and vice versa. So, more expensive snacks or less sustainable?

Evaluation form is there for weighing these decisions. It was mostly there for people to remind themselves about pillars.

Person 6: Suggestion, some study associations compensate sustainability by planting trees instead of saving emission on travel. Maybe also raise money to donate money for sustainable charities.

Scott: Planning on green seats on bus and planting trees.

Kim: Question, is it useful?

Person 4: Definitely, we didn't do it in our year. It is good to keep connecting policy to what you do throughout the year.

Person 6: It is good to give updates on the midterm and final report. Evaluate what you have been doing. Good that you keep it in meetings.

Person 3: Super nice. Also, something for a successor, maybe put it in the guide.

Kim: Yes, I will do that, I am still updating the guide.

Person 3: Good to make a list and add it.

Person 4: Maybe it is good to ask committee members about it too.

Kim: I evaluated the form and I think it was good. Sometimes it was a lot for the activities committee, so we did it quickly. For the Survival Committee it was more doable.

Person 5: For the Travel Committee, are you still going to Poland with the Ukraine situation?

Scott: No, we're going to the Czech Republic. Travelling around within the country as to substitute for Poland.

Person 1: Did the evaluation form work well for committee members?

Kim: Yes, it sometimes was a lot, but it did help.

## 9. Discuss/explain Financial Midterm Report 2021-2022

Donna: We did audit control, and everything went well.

One more thing: the till got increased by 12 something. There was leftover money from the Photo and Acticom.

Going to talk about basic things.

Acquisition: We haven't realized it yet, but 730 euros still coming in, thanks to Eva. It's a lot! We are going to put this in the Travel and Survival Com to make them more sustainable and inclusive (cheaper).

Number 21. ING, we don't put 300 for this but we want extra because we are switching banks.

Person ...: With institute, you budgeted 1250 but it is 0, is it still coming in or did they change their mind?

Donna: I hope not, I think it is still coming in.

Person 2: How did the incasso turn out?

Donna: We split the incasso in half, we managed to get one half but we are going to sit on Friday to figure out the rest.

Person 4: I see that a lot of budgeted money is not realized yet, so please go big and spend money! Drinks, 600 budgeted but 0 realized?

Donna: That is for the CoBo.

Person 2: Be careful with that, because that money is for members but CoBo is not for members. Max 100 for CoBo.

Donna: I was not going to spend it all on CoBo!

Person 4: Do drinks in a unique location! Or go big on the Gala! Or free drinks! That pulls people!

Donna: Good suggestion, thank you!

Another thing we changed is the camera. It used to be insurance, but it is too old for it to have insurance. So, instead, we bought a Polaroid. We are going to charge 1 euro per Polaroid, so it doesn't cost too much.

Person 3: What if the camera breaks down? Can you buy a new one?

Donna: Yes, insurance is too expensive for the old camera, it costs more than buying a new one. And we have the money to buy a new one.

Person 6: Is there a specific 'potje' for that?

Person 2: We had a lot of money put there last year.

Person 6: Put it in a specific section for the camera so the next board knows what that money is for.

Person 1: What does 'internal transfers' mean?

Donna: Items for expenses that will be paid back soon. So a 'kruispot'.

I'll go to the committee's part.

Future incomes and expenses.

We spent a lot less than we expected.

Person 2: WDO still needs to get money.

Donna: We will talk about it!

Future expenses have been realized, just not as much as we thought they would be.

Not a lot happening with the committees.

Kim: AA Com, supposed to be in December, now looking for June. Either a beach club or a party place.

Person 4: Will it include a bus ride from Leiden to the beach?

Kim: We will look into that, cool idea!

Donna: The Cooking Committee, also didn't do much yet. Valentine's cookies weren't put in yet.

Education Committee: Not a whole lot to say. It is doing well.

Person 3: Sustainability activities are quite expensive? Why is it that expensive, are you focusing on that?

Donna: We want to budget more on that since it is one of our pillars and want to make it a success.

Person 2: Where did food and drinks go?

Char: It was for the Golden Cow Reunion, they ordered pizza.

Person 6: Is it really clear what the 'posten' are for?

Person 4: Yes, explains why.

Donna: ICA is online, so no expenses there yet. Going to a museum, money will be spent there.

Person 3: What is a 'recap hitchhike'?

Donna: They are going to make an after movie and organize an activity with watching it, so snacks and drinks.

Person 6: What is 'side projects' on the Media Committee?

Marthe: It was for buying a microphone for doing a podcast.

Person 6: So for products?

Eva: We were still figuring out how the Media Committee is going to operate, so we are still going to do things in the second part.

Person 2: Maybe put details on what it exactly was.

Donna: Hitchhike weekend is not realized yet, that why it is zero now.

Person 6: Is there an estimate?

Kim: We want to put more in the hitchhike weekend rather than the Survival Weekend. We want to refund Scott for picking up people in Liège. Also not clear how much we spent on the electric car. The budget is not realized yet.

Donna: For the Travel Com, usually it is budgeted like the First Years Come, more detailed. But we are working with a company, so we don't have insight yet. Travel is 150 per person, but we did not hear a lot from the company yet. They are not really many subcategories yet because of this.

Person 3: Where is the money for the information evening? Maybe for snacks and a speaker. It is good for the LUF to get a speaker.

Person 3: What is the company doing?

Scott: Helping us organize with their experience, they have good insurance Corona lockdown wise, so it was a more secure option to work with them in these uncertain times. Also, they make it cheaper, to be more inclusive

Person 6: What is the committee doing now that you are working with a company?

Scott: We still have a lot of power over what we are going to do, they are merely helping us organize.

Person 6: Get in touch with the LUF ASAP, you need two months beforehand to make an appointment and make a report ASAP.

Donna: Also, ASN is still on the name of someone of Board 21, so we need to change that.

## **10. LaSSA**

Annika: We spent money on the congress. At the moment, it is this \*points to screen\*

Person 4: We got a lot of money back from the accommodation, is it still there?

Annika: Yes, it is there. We cannot touch it until 2 years.

Person 7: Maybe you can tell us about the merch.

Annika: We are bringing out merch. We are relaunching the social construct sweater. The one designed by Person 8, and a new one. It has to do with the definition of cultural anthropology, so whenever someone asks, you can just read it.

## **11. WDO**

Person 2: We didn't spend a lot because most activities were online. For the next month, we are doing physical things and it'll be bigger.

We got some people who went to our activities and paid.

We had a lot of money left due to COVID last year.

We did some thank you gifts. It should be higher, but it was less than 2 weeks ago

Don't have much to say because we didn't spend a lot yet.

Person 3: What is 'other'?

Person 2: We used a room in Plexus, it was 60 euros. It used to be 45 but now 60. The other is extra, I don't know what it is.

Person 3: That is okay

Person 6: Some non-members did an activity and had to pay. If you have extra money, why?

Person 2: This was at the beginning, and they were not anthropology students or Itiwana members. It was at the beginning, so we didn't know what we would spend. Now that it is online, we won't charge people anymore.

Char: Why does Itiwana pay WDO but other people get to go for free?

Person 2: Good point, we will charge them because it is unfair to Itiwana members.

Person 2: We have really cool ideas for the next months.

Person 4: How is it going with the external member file? Did you get more members?

Person 2: No, didn't get any.

Person 2: Most of our money goes to snacks.

I know now what the extra money, 18 euros, is for, we had to pay for the domain name.

Person 2: We have cool plans, not going to elaborate though, stay tuned!

Person 1: Also, board 29, please join the WDO board!

**-- BREAK --**

## **12. Voting Financial Midterm Report 2021-2022**

Char: We will be voting on the financial midterm report.

14 people present

4 proxies

18 total

Char: All those in favor of approving the Financial Midterm Report 2021-2022.

With 18 votes in favor, the Financial Midterm Report 2021-2022 has been approved.

Char: We will now be voting on the Midterm Evaluation of 2021-2022. Does anyone want to say anything?

Person 6: On behalf of some of my fellow board members, we know that you are working hard, but we do think that you need to tidy it up in a professional way. I know we are Itiwana and we are relaxed and cool, but keep this important and highest body in Itiwana

professional. GA is generally about accountability, it is important that you take it seriously and are professional, tip for the next GA and next board. Keep professionalism on a high level.

Person 12 also sent me something, let me check if we are skipping over anything.

Keep track of what happened before, and what worked and did not work. A lot of information went into these reports, and help you prevent mistakes from the past. Also, a lot of creative ideas in there.

Person 4: It is important to read the reports of previous years to know what needs to be in the midterm report. I feel this report is subpar. This is not reflective of your board year, and this is not what it is supposed to be.

Char: I agree.

Person 4: Really look at past reports.

Person 6: One more thing from Person 12, make sure to keep your terms consistent. It was 'midterm report', somewhere else it was 'half term GA'.

Person 4: 'Bestuursfunctie' is board position, not function.

Char: Thanks for your feedback, we will be taking it more seriously in the future.

Person 6: It is in no way personal; we are here to help.

Person 2: A lot of things aren't incorporated yet, is it the plan that this needs to be incorporated yet?

Person 4: If it is voted in, it is under the condition of it being adapted afterwards.

Donna: That was our plan anyway.

Eva: I already wanted to change things.

Person 6: I don't know if this is legal, normally it is to check spelling mistakes. This has a lot more editing.

Char: I thought of this, maybe vote this in but also keep the original file.

Person 4: I highly suggest not to.

Person 7: I have an idea, the next GA we will vote but allow the board to change this.

Person 4: That is basically voting against.

Person 2: We can also do another General Assembly.

Person 4: It needs to be voted in before the new board.

Person 2: Only presenting the adjusted policy in a new GA, and then voting on it.

Marthe: Maybe combine GA for moving up the new board deadline and this one?

Person 6: We decided to have a GA for the board-to-be, and then they are the official board in October.

Person 2: We advise against presenting the policy for the new board before summer, because it is stressful.

Char: We didn't spend much time on the policy during the summer.

Eva: Because of travelling.

Person 2: Keep in mind the time future boards have for writing policy.

Person 3: Are you changing the order?

Char: No, only the dates

Person 3: Then we don't need to vote, you can discuss with the new board what is best and they can decide what is best for them.

Person 5: I strongly advise against it, because it is a chaotic time right after becoming board. Give them time after being selected and trained, to let them write their policy.

Person 7: Suggestion, if you are doing it before summer, already come up with a plan. Most boards use the study trip to recruit new board members, so put that in a plan. It is already March, so plan it ahead!

Person 1: I think you are on track with finding a new board. But the training part is very essential. You need time to train them well.

Annika: We want them to present policy before the summer right?

Char: Yes, it is our plan to let them write the policy after being chosen as the board, vote on it and let them be inaugurated. We found a lot of overlap in our change of board.

Person 6: You can have your policy written and train them after being inaugurated. It can be fluid.

Annika: After being voted in as candidate board, do they have time to adjust their policy on the advice of previous board members.

Person 6: If it is voted in under condition, it is possible to add things within that period.

Maybe check the bylaws on this.

Person 5: I think I would discuss it with the new board because it is about them. It doesn't make a difference for you, it does for them. To overcome the overlap problem, make strict rules on what you can do and what you can't do.

Person 4: I think it is a bad idea to let them decide because they don't know what they're up to. It is better to say to them, either before summer or after. But better if board 29 decided without their opinion because they don't know what they're up to.

Person 3: Ask the new board what their plans are this summer. Base your choice on their summer plans. If they are busy, do it after summer.

Person 6: Ask them during the interviews what they are going to do this summer, so that you know before choosing the board.

Person 2: I think it is good to have another GA in a month.

Person 4: We should discuss this after the vote. I think accepting under conditions is off the table.

Person 6: There are too many things that need to be changed to accept it under conditions.

Person 4: Vote to accept, neutral, or against policy.

Person 6: There is fore, against, blank, withholding.



Person 6: So blank is if you don't know enough about it to vote.

Char: We will vote, with options in favor, withholding, against. So blank is now under withholding.

### **13. Voting Midterm Report 2021-2022**

Char: We will be voting on the midterm report.

In favour: 0

Withholding: 5

Against: 13

Char: With 5 withholding, and 13 against, we now reject the midterm report.

We will come back to the adjusted midterm report in a month.

Person 4: Please start blank with the policy.

Char: Things that have happened in between, can that be included?

Person 4 and Person 2: no. everything from two weeks ago till now can be included in the final report.

Char: Any questions? No.

### **14. A.O.B.**

Person 6: How are you doing after two intense GAs?

Annika: Very tired.

Donna: We are surviving.

Marthe: I expected to get critique, so I could prepare.

Person 3: We are proud of you, the first draft was not good but you made a big change in one week.

Person 6: I don't doubt that you will fix it very well for the next GA. I have trust in you. It just needs to be improved.

Person 1: Apart from the report, what you are doing is great!

Person 6: How have you experienced this year?

Char: Going well, rough start because we were sick and because of personal issues. We recovered well and are hitting our stride now.

Person 4: This is what every board experiences, first semester is chaotic, but you will know better later on.

Person 7: Did you do the board evaluation yet?

Char: We did personal conversations.

Person 7: Plan a whole day to talk with the group as a review.

Marthe: Do you have tips for activities that are popular and activities with no people?

Person 2: It happens to everyone, it depends on so many things like weather, exams, and free food.

Person 4: There are always activities where 0 people will show up.

Person 6: Tip for you guys, you need to evaluate activity on the value that people got from it, not the amount. If only one person showed up but it was a good experience, that is better than focusing on the number of people that showed up.

Person 3: Now that it is physical, are you hyped about activities in comparison with online?

Kim: It has been chaotic, I don't know if things were safe with Corona and hokhours, so I was in doubt. More on a committee basis, it has been difficult to get people to join in-person meetings. Though it is easier to do online, I have to push people to join in person. So, I struggle with the hybrid option.

Person 1: In our year, people quit committees. Probably because it was online and people stopped studying. It is scary to think people see this as optional. You can now slowly work towards making in-person the default and online being a second option if it is necessary.

Char: We started well with in-person, but because of the lockdown around Christmas, it is hard to get people back in person again.

Eva: I feel like hybrid meetings don't work. It isn't easy to understand each other if one person is online. The default should be in-person, only in special cases, it should be hybrid.

Person 1: I get that you want an online option for accessibility, but it should be discussed individually rather than having it as an option always.

Char: So, we should make the default to be in person, only in special cases it should be hybrid.

Person 6: In general, keep meetings physical because people need it. Make the norm of it being in-person. This will be easier next year hopefully. But for now, you should try to make this the norm again.

Person 3: If you need any advice about organizing things physically, like a big prom, please ask the people that have experience with it, because of the gap due to COVID.

Kim: In general, it has been difficult to think of and organize big activities. Our biggest example is board 28, which had a Corona year. We didn't experience a normal year either.

Person 7: Are you still in touch with the 'regie' group?

Char: What is that?

Person 7: We discussed a lot with the hallway associations what we could do during COVID times etc.

Char: We don't really have that.

Person 7: Maybe get in touch with them, because I got a lot of ideas from it and from other associations.

Char: During lockdown, we didn't get much info from the University, only after bringing it up in a VerO meeting.

Person 7: Weird because they were really on top of it in our year.

Person 6: Get in contact with other boards, this has a lot of value.

Person 2: Kim, did you get any responses for new board members?

Kim: No, I did text people but it is difficult.

Person 5: Do you have people in mind?

Char: yes, Person 9 from First Years Com, Person 10 from ICA. Person 11 doesn't want to.

Person 7: Ask him like 10 times.

Person 6: Organize a meeting with all these suggestions.

Char: Yes, want to do that with the Poller brass dinner.

Char: I'm going to close the GA. I hereby close the extended GA of 2021-2022 on March 8<sup>th</sup>.

\*applause\*